NOW HIRING CROSSING GUARDS!
If you are looking for employment opportunities, the Huntington Woods Public Safety Department is accepting applications for one full time and one contingent School Crossing Guard.
Title: School Crossing Guard
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $26.00 Per Hour (Typical work day is one hour)
Hours: AM Approximately 7:35am – 8:20, PM Approximately 3:00pm – 3:45
Job Summary: To provide for the safe passage of pedestrian traffic; to render aid and assistance, to ensure the smooth, safe movement of traffic; to provide advance warning to motorist of an intersection that is under the control of a crossing guard.
1) Stop vehicular traffic to allow for safe pedestrian passage;
2) Maintain orderly control of pedestrians at crossings;
3) Report hazardous conditions at traffic control points;
4) Attend meetings and required training programs;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) Working knowledge or the ability to learn uniform traffic control hand signals, basic first aid and pedestrian control techniques;
2) Ability to communicate effectively;
3) Ability to comprehend and retain information received verbally or in writing;
4) Ability to quickly and effectively respond to situations that may arise;
5) Ability to maintain composure and demonstrate appropriate restraint in stressful situations while maintaining a professional demeanor;
6) Ability to adapt to changes in working condition such as inclement weather, heavy pedestrian or traffic flows, last minute schedule changes;
7) Ability to stand for extended periods of time under all conditions while maintaining mental alertness;
8) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and superiors;
9) Ability to work unsupervised.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1) High School Graduate or possession of a GED certificate recognized by the Michigan Board of Education.
2) Valid Michigan driver’s license with no more than three (3) points and a relatively clean driving record.
1) Must be 21 years of age or older and U.S. citizen.
2) Must pass a background investigation and criminal record check.
3) Must have reliable transportation and telephone communication.
Application may be accompanied by a resume, but a resume will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Application may be obtained from the Huntington Woods Public Safety Department at 12755 W. Eleven Mile Rd, Huntington Woods MI, 48070. The City of Huntington Woods is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.