facebook twitter youtube

Household Hazardous Waste Disposal & Electronics Recycling

How do I get rid of household hazardous materials?
Household hazardous waste including old/unused medications and "syringes" or "sharps," can be taken to SOCRRA.  To dispose of needles (sharps) safely, place them in a hard container such as a laundry detergent bottle or a coffee can.  Tape the lid on, mark it before dropping it off at SOCRRA.  This service is available, FREE, to SOCRRA community residents ONLY.  Be prepared to show proof of residency. A utility bill can be used if you, yourself, are not the SOCRRA resident or you do not have a driver’s license.  Drop Off times:  Mon - Fri 8am to 3:30pm (Weds until 5:30pm) and Sat 8am to 2pm.  For more information on what is acceptable and to confirm times, go to  SOCRRA HHW/Electronics information .

How do I get rid of electronics?
Electronics can be taken to SOCRRA.  Due to recent changes with SOCRRA's Electronics Vendor, this service is available to SOCRRA community residents and businesses ONLY. They will ask for proof of residency when dropping things off.

Electronics/Metal/Household Hazardous Waste/Book Drop off & Shredder Events
DPW has two events each year: one on a Sunday in the spring and one on a Sunday in the fall.  2016 dates:  Sunday, May 15 from 1-5:30 and Sunday, October 9, time TBD.