facebook twitter youtube

Filing a Police Report

To make a police report about a crime or an incident:

  • Call the Police Non Emergency phone number (248)541-1180 and request an officer be sent to your location (within the city) to take a report or
  • Come into the Public Safety building to speak with an officer.  After hours, please use red phone in vestibule of Public Safety Building to speak to an officer.

No reports will be taken over the phone or online.

Things to include in the report:

  • Location: The crime or incident must occur in Huntington Woods.  If the crime or incident occurs outside city limits, please report with the city the crime or incident did occur.
  • A description of what happened.
  • Any paperwork (vehicle, insurance or account information) pertaining to the report.

In some cases, reports may not be investigated.  The report will just document that an incident occurred and was reported to Huntington Woods.